Meet Our Staff
Pastor Tim & Kim Harris: Senior Pastor
Tim has served as a senior/lead pastor for over 20 years in New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area. He is currently the Senior Pastor of First Assembly of God in Shrewsbury, NJ. Prior to coming to First Assembly, Tim served for four years as the Lead Pastor of Promise International Fellowship (Flushing, NY) and for twelve years as Senior Pastor of Englewood Assembly of God (Englewood, NJ). Tim has a Master of Divinity degree from Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and a Bachelors of Science degree from Fordham University in the Bronx, NY. He has been ordained with the Assemblies of God since 1991. He has also served as a presbyter of the New Jersey District of the Assemblies of God.
Kim is credentialed as well with the Assemblies of God. She has been highly involved in the women's ministries of the churches where they have served and is a gifted pianist and vocalist. She currently leads worship each Sunday for the congregation of Shrewsbury First Assembly.
The Harrises have three children Jonathan (who is now married to Danielle), Nathaniel, and Joanna. Tim and Kim are both originally from Rockland County, New York.
Pastor Guilherme and Natasha DeMedeiros: Associate Pastor
Dan & Jess Schultheis: Sound/Media Ministries
Both Jessica and Dan were raised in church and from a young age, participated in many facets of ministry. The two have used their talents for worship, youth and children's ministries, as well as working in the church media department. As teenagers, they spent many summers volunteering at Pilgrim Camp, a Pentecostal summer camp where young people can experience God in a very personal way. Their relationship began during those summers, where they ministered and grew in Christ. They have now been married for four years and are loving parents to their sons Dietrich, Hans, and Sven.
Carlos & Gizel Urrutia: Intercultural Ministries
Carlos and Gizel have been happily married for 15 years. They are blessed with an active and inquisitive 8 year old son who takes up a good amount of their "free" time. Carlos and Gizel enjoy working in all aspects of the ministry from teaching and mentoring to being part of the worship team and organizing evangelistic events. They have been part of the First Assembly of God family for 8 years.
Jenna Cardello: Administrative Assistant
Jenna grew up in Hamilton, NJ and moved to Monmouth County in 2015. She's married to Stephen, and has inherited one black cat named Kal. She spent the last seven years as a campus missionary with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship before coming to Shrewsbury First Assembly. Jenna is currently studying for a Masters in Biblical Studies in seminary, and loves studying and teaching the Bible.
Statement of Faith
As a church that belongs to the Assemblies of God, Shrewsbury First Assembly of God adheres to the doctrinal statements of the General Council of the Assemblies of God. Click on the link below to read what it is we believe.
Vision & Values
To be a church that is effectively and consistently reaching people of all ages and backgrounds with the Gospel, making healthy disciples of Jesus Christ both locally and globally.
- To worship God according to the Scriptures.
- To communicate the Gospel to all people
- To equip the believers for the work of ministry
- To serve human need both locally and abroad
- Every person is important and worthy of love.
- The gospel is the only message that leads to the salvation of God.
- Every person has a gift and talent to help build the Kingdom of God.
- Compassion is essential to living out the Christian life.
- Spiritual growth and discipleship is the ultimate goal of all church ministry.
- Children, youth, and young adults are not the church of tomorrow...they are a vital part of the church today.
- The Holy Spirit is still at work in the lives of people and in our world today.
- The Bible is our only rule of faith and conduct.
- Q: What are your services like?
- A: Our services are about 1 1/2 hours in length. They normally consist of a time of worship music, prayer, announcements, offering, and a Bible-based sermon.
- Q: How should I dress?
- A: The people of First Assembly come dressed in a variety of ways. Some are more formal (e.g. suit and tie; a dress), some are much more casual. We encourage that our people dress appropriately for a worship service. You will be welcome whether you are dressed up or down!
- Q: What kind of music do you sing and play?
- A: Our music is led by a worship band, thus we sing mostly contemporary worship music. However, it is not unusual for us to also sing and play some more traditional worship songs, including hymns.
- Q: What about my kids?
- A: On Sundays we have a staffed nursery for the infants and special services for the children up through 6th grade. (Take a look at our page, "For the Kids and Teens")