Meet Our Staff
Pastor Tim & Kim Harris: Senior Pastor
Tim has served as a senior/lead pastor for over 25 years in New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area. He is currently the Senior Pastor of First Assembly of God in Shrewsbury, NJ. Just prior to coming to First Assembly, He has as well been involved in missions work in Nicaragua, India, Peru, and Ecuador. Tim has a Master of Divinity degree from Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and a Bachelor of Science degree from Fordham University in the Bronx, NY. He has been ordained with the Assemblies of God since 1991. He has also served as a presbyter of the New Jersey District of the Assemblies of God. He is married to Kim who has been highly involved in the women's ministries of the churches where they have served and is a gifted pianist and vocalist. The Harrises have three children Jonathan (who is now married to Danielle), Nathaniel, and Joanna. Tim and Kim are both originally from Rockland County, New York.
Pastor Guilherme and Natasha Medeiros: Associate Pastor
Medeiros & Natasha were born and raised in Brazil. Pastor Gui has a Bachelor degree in Theology, and became an ordained minister in 2013. He always have a heart to serve as an Associate Pastor since 2013. Pastor Gui and Natasha have 2 children, Pedro and Sophie. Pastor Gui is currently working and coordinating Worship Team, Tech Team, Youth ministry, Young adults Ministry and Brazilian Community in the Church. He loves missions and he has been involved and traveled to Africa, Paraguay, Guatemala, Brazil. “Love and Serve God, Love and Serve People”
Fred Marx: Building & Grounds
Statement of Faith
As a church that belongs to the Assemblies of God, Shrewsbury First Assembly of God adheres to the doctrinal statements of the General Council of the Assemblies of God. Click on the link below to read what it is we believe.
Vision & Values
To be a church that is effectively and consistently reaching people of all ages and backgrounds with the Gospel, making healthy disciples of Jesus Christ both locally and globally.
- To worship God according to the Scriptures.
- To communicate the Gospel to all people
- To equip the believers for the work of ministry
- To serve human need both locally and abroad
- Every person is important and worthy of love.
- The gospel is the only message that leads to the salvation of God.
- Every person has a gift and talent to help build the Kingdom of God.
- Compassion is essential to living out the Christian life.
- Spiritual growth and discipleship is the ultimate goal of all church ministry.
- Children, youth, and young adults are not the church of tomorrow...they are a vital part of the church today.
- The Holy Spirit is still at work in the lives of people and in our world today.
- The Bible is our only rule of faith and conduct.
- Q: What are your services like?
- A: Our services are about 1 1/2 hours in length. They normally consist of a time of worship music, prayer, announcements, offering, and a Bible-based sermon.
- Q: How should I dress?
- A: The people of First Assembly come dressed in a variety of ways. Some are more formal (e.g. suit and tie; a dress), some are much more casual. We encourage that our people dress appropriately for a worship service. You will be welcome whether you are dressed up or down!
- Q: What kind of music do you sing and play?
- A: Our music is led by a worship band, thus we sing mostly contemporary worship music. However, it is not unusual for us to also sing and play some more traditional worship songs, including hymns.
- Q: What about my kids?
- A: On Sundays we have a staffed nursery for the infants and special services for the children up through 6th grade. (Take a look at our page, "For the Kids and Teens")